Kathryn Marlow is trained as a Human Givens psychotherapist, offering practical help that deals with emotional issues and mental health problems in the here and now.
Human Givens psychotherapy looks at the innate emotional needs of the individual and the resources available to them, and seeks to understand where those needs are not being met, or where resources are either missing or not being used to their best extent. When our emotional needs are not met in a healthy way, we can suffer considerable distress – as a Human Givens practitioner, Kathryn will help you to identify those unmet needs or missing resources and enable and empower you to develop the skills and resources required to lead a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.
Human Givens therapy can help with a variety of emotional and behavioural difficulties including;
- Reduction of anxiety
- Breaking the cycle of depression
- Resolution of trauma and phobias
- Management of anger
- Stopping addictive behaviours
- Reduction of stress-related medical conditions
- Improvement of personal relationships
Bringing about positive change in our emotional and mental state requires certain enablers to be in place, and our one to one counselling service can help to provide these;
- A confidential and non-judgemental time and space to think and reflect
- An understanding of how to contain and transform unhelpful emotions, and the ability to help develop positive life strategies that enable emotional control
- The ability to deeply relax and explore problems in new and more empowering ways
- A wide range of techniques that will increase self confidence and independence, with the focus on making improvement after every consultation
“In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety” – Abraham Maslow